Chatting with God - "Give them to Me"

Lord, have You taken a good look lately at this world You made?

I see My world daily, child - every bit of it.

Have You taken a proper look at the people in it, then?

I certainly have.

So You've seen all the poor, Lord? Strings of them - so many with nothing. Wind and rain stream through the cracks in their homes. The cold stings through the holes in their clothes. Glass stabs the soles of their bare feet as an empty stomach screams to ears gone deaf from habit. Tummies swell; teeth fall out; scabies erupt because there is no immune system to fight back. Father, they break my heart. What shall we do with them?

Give them to Me.

Have You seen the broken and grieving, dear God? The abused children with big glassy eyes, bruised bodies and bruised hearts. The girls who've been raped: dignity in shreds, all hope and joy stolen along with their virginity. The victims of separation, illness, death . . . Too many to even try and name them all. Those broken hearts, God. And their spirits - crushed, as if someone ground them into the dust with the sole of a boat. They don't want to anymore, and rightly so. Where do we start healing? What do we do with them?

Give them to Me.

Have You seen all the sinners, heavenly Father? Have You seen them? Seen those who destroy others' dignity for their own perverse pleasure? Those who do nothing but tear down what others have raised up? Those who are sick in their souls? The abusers, the kidnappers, the terrorists, the murderers? God in heaven, have You seen them?

I have, My child.

What do we do with those . . . those . . .

Give them to Me.

[Silence]

Have you run out of cases to bring before Me, dear one?

N-no, Lord. Not just yet. Have You . . . have You seen the hypocrites, Father? They preach at everyone and have opinions on everything; they have an answer and a remedy for all; yet they help no one and do nothing. They lift their hands to You in church, but during the week - well, they don't outright denounce You, but they don't spread Your love and grace very effectively, either.

And the world and its people, as you have seen, are in dire need of My love and grace.

Yes, Father.

[Silence]

So . . . what do we do with the hypocrites . . . ah . . . sinners, Lord?

Give them to Me.

And . . . and what about the biggest hypo . . . sinner of them all, dear God? Namely myself?

Come to Me. Come straight to Me.

Do You think You have enough grace for me?

More than enough. My child, when I sent My Son into the world, I sent Him to seek and to save what was lost. So come to Me, My dearest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The courage to be nobody

Chatting with God - "Sometimes, Lord . . ."